Over the last ten weeks nine people associated with my life have passed away. That is almost a person a week, and that is way too many. There have been quite a few births surrounding my life as well, and I know they say when the lord takes a life he gives another but this has become too true just around my life. I may not have known the person directly, but the people in my life are greatly affected which affects me. We just got home from a funeral that we attend this weekend, and the services were very beautiful and touching. One of Eddie’s best friends lost his father, and while I mean no disrespect to the other people who have lost loved ones I felt the need to write after this service. Throughout this blog I am going to quote some songs, the whole thing, or pieces because I connect songs to everything in life.
My condolences go out to all those who have lost someone that they love. I thankfully, have never experienced the lose of an immediate loved one, but I know that I will be able to make it though with the love and support of those in my life. To quote a song by Patty Loveless;
“Mama whispered softly time will ease your pain
Life’s about changing nothing ever stays the same
And she said how can I help you to say goodbye?
It’s okay to hurt and it’s ok to cry
Come let me hold you and I will try
How can I help you to say goodbye?”
I can’t imagine that pain that you have been through and hope that I have been able to offer some relief in your time of need.
Life is such a precious gift that we take for granted everyday. We are always wishing we had something bigger and better. That we deserve the best and envy those who have what we don’t. I believe that you deserve everything you want out of life, but you it won’t be handed to you. You need to learn to appreciate what you have right in front of you, and work hard for what is not, whether it’s relationships or something materialistic. Appreciate your family and friends everyday for who they are, faults and all. When something seems to be a big deal one day, pause and think in the grand scheme of life how big is it really? As I had posted earlier this year about “sweating the small things” I have done really well by not letting things upset me and letting things go easily. Like when Gracie cries in the middle of the night rather then be irritated that I have to get up and loose sleep I am happy that I get to spend that extra time with her that I would have missed out on to sleep. I have learned that there are more important things in life, like Life!! Wake up everyday and be thankful that you woke up in the first place! Then be grateful that you have another day to make the most of. Live like it’s the last day of your life!!
Last Day Of My Life
By: Phil Vassar
I just left Bobby's house:
The service was today.
Got me thinkin' about how fragile life is,
As I drove away.
You know Amy was his only love,
In a moment she was gone, long gone:
It could have been me or you.
Oh, baby, there's no time to lose.
[Chorus]
So I'm gonna bring home a dozen roses,
An' pour us a glass of wine.
An' I'm gonna put on a little music,
An' turn down the lights.
An' I'm gonna wrap my arms around you,
An' rock you all through the night,
An' I'm gonna love you,
Like it's the last day of my life.
I drive off when the sun comes up:
I get back when it's gone down.
There's so much I wanna do with you,
But I can't be around.
Whoa, time has been just like a theif,
It's stolen too much from us,
So once it's gone we can't make it up.
So tonight, let's get back in touch.
[Chorus]
Life is a rainbow, it's a spring snow,
It's the mornin' dew.
An' I don't wanna waste another minute,
Without you.
I'm gonna bring home a dozen roses,
An' pour us a glass of wine.
An' I'm gonna put on a little music,
An' turn down the lights.
An' I'm gonna wrap my arms around you,
An' rock you all through the night,
An' I'm gonna love you,
Like it's the last day of my life.
I thank god everyday, several times a day for my life. For all that I have, for my family, friends, and most importantly my husband and my daughter. You can’t put into words what your husband and children mean to you. I can’t even think of something to type at this point other then saying that they are my everything. I love them deeper then humanly possible and can’t be grateful enough each day that they are mine. My little family that I have created, that I waited for and dreamed of for so long. Time flies by and you blink and don’t know where your life went.
Don’t Blink
By: Kenny Chesney
I turned on the evening news
Saw a old man being interviewed
Turning a hundred and two today
Asked him what's the secret to life
He looked up from his old pipe
Laughed and said "All I can say is."
[Chorus]
Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five
And your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink
I was glued to my tv when it looked like he looked at me and said
"Best start putting first things first."
Cause when your hourglass runs out of sand
You can't flip it over and start again
Take every breathe God gives you for what it's worth
[Chorus]
So I've been tryin' to slow it down
I've been tryin' to take it in
In this here today, gone tomorrow world we're livin' in
Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five
And your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster then you think
So Don't blink
So take a minute to stop and freeze a moment in your life and don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened!
Braeburn Thermostat Manual
2 years ago
.jpg)

Sometimes life gives you a reality check and puts things into perspective!! Makes things like not being able to make it to a friend's birthday because you are at a funeral, not such a big deal! I love you and I don't know where in life I would be without you!!! ♥
ReplyDeleteI thank my lucky stars you for you and Gracie too, the two of you are my life and all that I need. I love my girls.
ReplyDelete