Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Picnic

Today was our family Easter picnic! Same park, same time, same people. I love how some things never change! I can always count on family time and lots of laughs. Grace's Easter shoes gave her blisters on all four sides of her feet so she was barefoot for most of the day. My Mom had brought Grace a ball to help keep her entertained and thank goodness she did because she had a blast!! She bounced this ball all over the park! It was so cute to watch her run and chase after it. When she wasn't playing with her ball she was playing with sticks and attempting to make mud pies. Why couldn't I have had a sweet little one who wants to sit and play with dolls?!?! She had such a fun day running all over the park. Thankfully I had a ton of family around to help keep an eye on her so that I could visit with the family I don't get to see very often. Jake and Sarah brought Jill to show off to the family. She looked adorable!! I love that they come with us every year! I was sad that they had to leave as early as they did. After socializing it was time to eat! The food here is always amazing! There is enough to feed an army and it is all sooo yummy! The weather was a little cooler then it was last year so it wasn't a good day for sun bathing like I was looking forward to.
Our Family

Playing with her ball

My handsome guy!

Sam & I with our girls

Nonnie & Gracie

Nonnie & her kids!

The boys relaxing

Hanging out with Nick

Cousins! Chloe & Matt

Three generations

Daddy & Grace playing catch

Grandma, Me ,& Gracie

Me & My Girl!

The one negative thing about the day was that when you get together with this much family they all have lots of opinions. Where are her shoes? She needs a jacket? Why can't she dye Easter eggs? Don't let her run with sticks, don't let her climb on the bleachers, she didn't get enough to eat, she needs her diaper changed! By the end of the day I had had enough! When it's all day, about every little thing it gets a little overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I love my family to death and if you think my child needs something I appreciate you letting me know, but I have it under control! It was a long and exhausting day for everyone, Grace especially! No nap and constant running, she had the best afternoon! It's early to bed for everyone tonight. The Easter Bunny is coming tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment