Eddie is out of town....again....but this time it's for a whole week! Sarah, Jill and Amanda came over to keep me company and have a sleepover. While he was gone I told myself that I was going to start the process of cleaning out the garage! A lot of the stuff in there is all my stuff from growing up! I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane with Sarah, since she was a big part of it! I had told her that there was four boxes that I needed to sort through and throw things out. She signed up for the task before I went through the garage and started bringing in boxes. I was slightly mistaken on the number of boxes. There ended up being NINE!! I started to think that I might have gotten in a little over my head. I grabbed a box and told myself to just take it one at a time. It took us hours to go through most of the boxes! I thought it was fun to get to see things that I hadn't in so long! Letters, diaries, clothes, pictures, and trinkets, some going back as far as seventh grade. I knew that it was time to start letting go of my past memories to make room for our new ones. I had a number of bags of trash and managed to go from nine boxes to four! I was thrilled with the progress that I had made, even though I ended up with the number that I thought that I started with. It made such a huge difference in the garage and now when Eddie gets home he can put all the totes of Grace's clothes and things in their place. This time being more organized and neat looking! I am slowly on my way to accomplishing #31 on my 101 list, clean and organize the garage! I want it to be able to neatly store all our "crap" and be a working space for Eddie. I hope he is as impressed as I am with the work I got done! Wait... this might backfire and he will want to go out of town more often because I am getting things done because I am bored! He better not get any ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment