My Grandma is doing GREAT! She was released from the hospital today because all of her tests are coming back where they should be. She is going to be staying at my Aunt Kathy's house for a little while for now while she gets mobility back on her left side. She will have physical therapy a few days a week to help strengthen everything. I know that she isn't going to be looking forward to being told by family what she needs to be doing, let alone a stranger. People get more stubborn in their age and want to do things their way and my Grandma is no exception to this. I just want her to realize that this is all for her own good. She is going to be walking with a walker for a while, which is something that I know that she will hate to have to do. I just want her to feel better enough so that we can pick her up and walk around Disneyland for a few hours. She is always so happy there and it will get her out of the house. I am just so thankful that she is doing as well as she is. From what I understand she is in the clear from a stroke reoccurring because of this one and as long as she stays on top of her blood pressure medication. Now it's just a matter of over coming the side affects. I just want her to succeed so badly when it comes to getting back on her feet. I know that she wants to go home, and I know that she wants to be able to drive again. She has lived on her own for over twenty years and I know that she doesn't want to have to depend on others in order to live day to day. We are all still praying for her and will help in anyway that we can. We love you so much Grandma and we are here to support you in any way you need us!
No comments:
Post a Comment