Saturday, July 4, 2009

The 4th of July

To celebrate Grace's first 4th of July we spent the day with family, and the evening with friends. We went over to my Aunts house around noon to spend the day in the pool and visit with family. It's been nice we have had Grace how much more we get to see of the family. Children really bring families together. My little fish spent three hours in the pool and LOVED the jacuzzi!! My family of course way over did it on the food! It was all so yummy!
Sittin on the steps
Playing with her Uncle
Loving the jets! We need to get one!
After a long and exhausting day in the pool we all layed down for a quick nap (I was still very sick) and then we headed over to Jake & Sarah's house to light off some fireworks. Before we got started Sarah had set up an ice cream sundae bar, whoo hooo!! It was a refreshing treat to start our show.
Gracie's 1st 4th!
We all sat on the front lawn on blankets, and Grace has only been on grass one time before so it was so funny because when she would crawl to the end of a blanket and stop because she wouldn't touch the grass. There were a few of them put together so she still had lots of room to crawl around and visit with everyone.
Waiting for the show!
Mommy & Daddy!
Then something great happened!!! Grace was standing with Sarah's brother-in-law and all of a sudden I looked up and he had let go of her and there she stood alllllll by herself!! I was sitting there with the camera in my hand but could do nothing but scream "oh my god!"Of course it startled everyone, including Grace and she fell. Mike didn't realize that she had never done it before so he picked her up and did it again! This time I got a picture!!
What a big girl!!!!
After all that excitement, Grace and I cuddled up on a blanket and watched the boys, and Sarah ha ha, light off the fireworks. She was in such aw of them! I was so afraid she was going to cry, but even the Piccolo Petes got a round of applause from her. She giggled and clapped and just smiled as these pretty lights kept coming.
Watching her fist firework!
She loved it!!
She loves her Jake & Sarah!!
She was so happy!! She and I did a sparkler, which she didn't shy away from at all, and her Auntie wrote her name on the ground.
YAY they just keep coming!!
Now that it was WAY past her bed time and she was fight sleep Sarah finally got her to "swing"to sleep. The day could not have been anymore perfect! Family and friends help make such great memories and I am so thankful that Gracie's first 4th of July will be a memorable one! I can't wait until next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment