Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vegas Turn Around

Amanda, her sister Amy, her friend Cynthia and I decided to jump in the car for a quick trip up to Vegas for the night. Spur of the moment trips like that are always so much fun! This was Amy's first trip since she turned 21! We left in the morning and drove into Vegas around three and checked into our room at New York, New York. After we all got ready and a little tipsy we headed down to the casino to play some video poker and slots.
Me & Manda!
Cynthia & Amy
Cynthia and I both had some luck on a few of the games which started the night out on a great foot! We went upstairs to get a drink and ended up at Coyote Ugly taking shots at the bar. When we left there we headed over to MGM to Fat Tuesday's to get yards and some more gambling. Not so much luck in there! While we were walking through the casino we got put on the guest list for Studio 54. I was very excited because every other time that I have attempted to go there something happens! Too crowded, too drunk, too far away. It has been on my Vegas list for a long time now and I finally got to cross it off.
Studio 54
It was early so it wasn't very crowded, but we hung out, took some pictures and headed on our way. At this point in the night we split up from Amy and Cynthia who headed up the strip to drink and experience the strip life while Amanda and I ventured out to find some cheap tables to play. We found a long line of five dollar Black Jack but they were really crowded so we sat down and waited for some spots to clear.
Waiting....Drinking....Waiting!
We played for a few hours and after losing it we walked back to our room to call it a night, well a morning ha ha! We got up, checked out and got on the road to head home, but not before stopping at Stateline so that Amy and Cynthia could try playing at a table. The first time is so intimidating, but it is so much fun! Amy had lots of luck and won back all the money that she had spent this trip. While we were sitting at the table the pit boss talked us into learning how to play craps, which is very scary, but it wasn't too bad because there weren't any people at the table. There is way too much information to try and retain while being nervous and playing. But now that I have tried it I would like to learn how to play before going back and literally playing because it has such a huge pay out. This trip had a lot of new experiences and was quick and fun. I am so happy that we decided to make it! Once I got home Eddie came and picked me up and we headed to the Irvine Spectrum to Dave and Busters where Shannon was having her birthday dinner! We ate, visited, and played a few games. It was so funny to watch Shannon play the horse race game! She got very into it!! Mellissa and Sara got a whole bunch of tickets and got Grace a BIG elephant stuffed animal! I was so excited to take it home to her! Thank you girls!!! I had a really great few days the week had been busy and we still had a ton of things left to do over the next few days! Friday is Adam's birthday and we are going out to celebrate, Saturday night is Crystal's birthday party, and Sunday is Ann's baby shower!!! Lots of things planned I look forward to my next day off!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, thats enough. Id like to be able to go next time. I wanna have fun too!!

    ReplyDelete