Take a Vegas vacation, show included! - Completed 02/18/10
For Valentines Day, Eddie and I decided that we would take a trip just to two of us to Vegas! It's something that we really needed to do. We needed a break, and we needed to spend some quality time together! We always love to do things like this with friends, but we haven't done anything alone in so long that we figured that Valentines was a "lovers" holiday and so it made sense. We booked a room at the Monte Carlo since we haven't stayed there together and while planning the trip we thought that since we don't gamble we might as well go all out and see a show! Nothing suited better then the "sensual side of Cirque Du Soleil ~ Zumanity!" I've never been to a show in Vegas or seen a Cirque Du Soleil so I was SUPER excited!!
We got up on Tuesday morning packed up the car and got on the road. It was a beautiful day so we rode with the windows down and the music blasting! It was the perfect way to start our vacation off. We stopped in Barstow to have lunch with Cory since he has been stationed out there. We met up at Bob's Big Boy and to my surprise it was REALLY yummy!!! We ended up sitting there for two hours catching up which put us behind schedule for when we wanted to get to Vegas, but it was for a good reason. We got back on the road and got to Vegas around three, got all checked into our room and set up our bar! We started pouring drinks and got unpacked. A few drinks in we got a call from our friend Jeremy who had picked up our Zumanity tickets for us. He is a Vegas local so he got us a great deal!! We made a plan to meet up with him in New York, New York and have a drink. We sat at the bar at Nine Fine Irishmen for a while talking and drinking, and drinking! It's been a long time since I have really just relaxed and drank myself tipsy. My favorite drinking partner has been out of commission for the last ten months so the liquor hit me real quick! Talk about a cheap date! We decided that it was time for dinner so Jeremy and his wife joined us for dinner at Diablos just outside our hotel. They had awesome music and the food was AMAZING, and I am not one for Mexican food!! Of course it was insanely overpriced but it we had a great time and hey we are on vacation right!
Quite a few drinks in!
When we were done with dinner we parted ways so that Eddie and I could go up to the room and get ready to go out for the night! We got dressed up and went over to the Palms so that I could finally go to the Playboy Club! We started out at Moon and hung out for a bit, checked out the retractable roof, took some pictures, danced a little and then we headed down to the Playboy Club.
Moon
Out on the roof
I knew that it was more of a "casino" then a night club so it wasn't very crowded which made it nice to sit around and look at all the pictures. We debated on playing a hand of 21 but decided against it since the minimum was $25 and I didn't have Amanda there for luck! The most exciting part of the club for me was getting to see the table that they dedicated to Hugh Hefner. I have been a Girls Next Door fan for a long time and ever since I saw the episode when they gave the table to Hef it has given me more motivation to go to the club to see it!! I should have put it on my 101 list! We watch the wall of plasmas they have their for a while checking out all the different videos and pictures they had and then took pictures with a few bunny's and headed out back to our hotel to turn in for the night.
Hef's table!!
Meeting some Bunny's
We got up about lunch time, showered and got ready for our day! We had some drinks to start the day off right and talked about the night before. I hardly remember going to dinner at all!! Guess I was feeling really good!!! Sorry Sister & Sam for my drunken crazy phone calls! We headed out to walk to strip a little bit and to have lunch! Our first stop Fat Tuesdays!!! It was such a beautiful day outside!!!! We spent the day on the strip and in a few casinos and played a
little video slots before going to the room to get ready for our evening.
Enjoying a day in the sun
Drink, Drink, Drink!!
We had tickets to the 7:30 show and we were told to be there about forty minutes before it started for the pre-show. I have to admit I was really nervous about going to see this show with Eddie. I should have had a few more drinks to loosen up! In our relationship I have always been uncomfortable when it comes to any kind of "sexual" natured things that didn't directly involve Eddie and I. I must say a lot of that had to do with immaturity and that I have grown up a lot so I am much more comfortable with certain things. It did take Eddie some getting use to because he still felt guilty about things but I reassured him that I have grown up. But that didn't mean that beautiful naked girls right in front of me weren't going to make my blood pressure rise. I have to admit in the beginning of the show I was a little uneasy, almost embarrassed, but I think that's just because Eddie and I have never done anything like this before. The show was AWESOME!! The things that people can do a truly amazing! And doing it topless just gives a different spin on it. I don't want to give anything away for people who haven't seen it but its great! I would recommend it to everyone! It was comical, sexual, and just plain astonishing! If you are brave and I mean really brave you should sit in the front. They really interact with you and pull you up on stage to do things. I don't know if I have the skin for it but it sure was funny to watch!
Zumanity
Now I really want to see the rest of them!! After the show we grabbed dinner at the ESPN Zone and headed back to the room to spend the rest of the night!! Getting up this morning to go home was bitter sweet. I had the most incredible trip with my Husband but I could not wait to get home to my baby girl! I really missed her a lot over the last few days. I am so happy that Eddie and I decided to take this trip. It was a wonderful bonding experience and rekindled our fire that had slightly started to dim because of the lack of time that we have been able spend together. I fell in love all over again with the greatest man in the whole world!! Happy Valentines Day Babyone! Thank you for a miraculous trip!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

I'm proud of you!!!! I can't wait to go see it!!! I'm so glad you liked it!
ReplyDeleteI get a tiny bit of credit for Zumanity :) Totally a show we could see over and over again!!!
ReplyDelete