Sunday, February 14, 2010

Be My Valentine

Happy Valentines Day!!

Since the holiday fell on a weekend Eric and Liz had made plans with friends of theirs, Jason and Lisa to come down to Orange County. This made me very happy because that meant that we would get to spend it with them as well! With the hard financial times that is affecting everyone we haven't been able to see each other much lately. I was so excited to hear that they would be down for the weekend and that they wanted to stay with us! They came over yesterday to spend the day with us the boys were going to play video games and Liz and I were going to spend the day shopping!!!!! When they got here we spent a few minutes getting the settled and then they shared so VERY EXCITING news with us! They are PREGNANT!!!!!!!! Liz started to tell me how she wasn't really feeling well, I assumed that she just didn't want to go shopping and then she kept going with I'm nauseous and tired etc. As she kept talking my smile got bigger and bigger because I knew what was coming!!! What an awesome way to start our weekend!!! We couldn't be any happier for these two!!! Liz and I spent the rest of the day together catching up and of course talking baby! We dropped Grace off at my parents house so that we could have some people over to hang out last night. Shannon and James came over and Jake and Sarah even came by for a little while with Jilly!! We had a great night!! This morning we got up and headed to the Irvine Spectrum to meet up with Jason and Lisa at Dave & Busters for lunch and game playing! Lisa and Jason are expecting their second child in May so there was a lot more baby talk!! Lunch was really good and then we all had a fantastic time playing games for a few hours. The boys are so funny!! They were like kids in a candy store running around collecting tickets.
This place is pretty special!!

Eric & Lizzy!

Lisa & Jason

After lunch we walked around the spectrum for a little bit before we headed out to pick Grace up to spend some time with her. She has had a great day with her Nonnie and Pops! She doesn't get to spend time with both of them very often because my Dads work schedule makes it difficult so it was really nice that she got to spend time with them both, just the three of them!
My Valentine!

I love this little girl more then anything!

She loves to wear hats!!! Makes for messy hair!

We decided that we were going to spend the evening at home instead of fighting the crowds at a restaurant. The boys worked the BBQ and made us some delicious filet's while Liz and I took care of the sides. Dinner was romantic and so very yummy and then we ventured out to my new favorite dessert place, Yogurtland!!! It was the perfect way to end a wonderful weekend!! Lots of family, friends, and Love! There are no other people in this whole wide world who can bring so much happiness to my life like Eddie and Grace. I am so greatful for the days they came into my life!
I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you!

1 Mother + 1 Daugher = 2 Best Friends

1 comment: