Thursday, July 8, 2010

#5.....Check!!

Go To Glen Ivy - Completed 7/08/10
Relaxing Into My Late 20's!
What a better way to celebrate your birthday then spending it at a spa?? Amanda and I got up this morning and got on the road to head out to Glen Ivy for the day.

We spent the morning in the different pools and playing in the mud before we had an appointment in the Grotto to get our body moisturizing treatments. I really enjoy the Grotto because it's underground in a cave type setting where they paint you with warm aloe vera and shea butter that does wonders for your skin. You rub it in for several minutes in a Hydrating Chamber where it works the magic on your skin. After which you rinse it off and spend time relaxing in a beautiful room with waterfalls.
Mud Bath

The Grotto

After the Grotto we decided it was time to get a few drinks and visit more of the pools. Knowing someone who works there makes the experience that much better. Who doesn't want free, strong drinks to make you feel that much better while you soak up the sun!? Thank you Ellen for making my day all the better! When we were feeling good we decided lunch was next because we had appointments for massages in the near part of the afternoon. The food there is actually really good! We split our meals so that we could get a taste of different things. The one downside to the day was the fact that there were bees flying allll over the place around the patio where you eat. This made it difficult to enjoy ourselves, but we found a table that didn't have many of them at all. Now was the part that I was looking forward to the most, a full body massage!! I absolutely love getting massages!! I swear if we ever get to the point in life where we have money to splurge with I will get monthly massages. I love everything about the experience. The way it feels, the smell of the oils, the relaxing music. Ahhh, I wish I would just stay there for hours.
Relaxing

Ellen's amazing hurricane pina coladas!

Our day at the spa was quickly coming to an end. It made me so sad that it seemed to go so fast. We showered and got ready to get back on the road to meet up with Eddie, Grace, my Sister, Matt and the Headlee's for dinner at my favorite pizza parlor, Pepperonis! Talk about wanting something more then anything when you are dieting, pizza was my craving. Dinner was exceptionally great and I was so happy to have my family there with me. I had the most amazing birthday! Thank you My Friend for spending the day with me! It was everything that I wanted it to be!
Now that I am entering my late twenties I have to admit that I don't feel old. Though I am that much closer to thirty, I don't feel older then twenty one. I know that I look a lot different then I did back then, and I know that I have experienced and matured a lot since then, but at heart I don't feel any different. My life up until this point has been incredible! My childhood was care free and fantastic, my adolescent years were the greatest ever, and my life in the last five years has been remarkable. I have the best family, the most fabulous friends, the most loving and wonderful Husband, and the most perfect little girl God could have ever given me. I love my life and am truly blessed! I look forward to my next year of life to get even better as we have lots of things in store for us. As the years go on, they just keep getting better and better!
My Reason For Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment