Tuesday, August 10, 2010

2 In 1

Today Grace and I went to Knotts and Disneyland! Who does that?? We do! She is such a lucky girl to get to go to two different amusement parks in the same day! We started our morning out at Knotts to watch my Aunts county line dance group preform in Calico Square. My Grandma was already there so we got to sit and visit with her while we waited for the show to start.
Visiting with GG

It was so much fun to watch the Senior Citizens do different choreographed line dances. They were so cute! My Aunt did so well and there was an older gentleman that did an awesome job! I would love to take him to the Branding Iron with us sometime!
Go Auntie Kathy!

When they finished they told us that Grace and I were the best in the audience! We smiled and clapped the whole time and that it really made them feel good about themselves. After they changed we headed out into the park to ride a couple of rides. These people shocked me! They are in their 60's-70's and they rode the Silver Bullet ride twice! I can't even ride it once without feeling queasy! I hope that the older I get my tummy will get stronger so that I will be able to ride them again with my kids. Lunch time rolled around and it was time to head home to eat and have a nap before meeting up with my Sister and Amanda to go to Disneyland.
We got to the park and started talking about what we wanted to do first and decided that we wanted to see if Grace was finally tall enough to go on the Matterhorn. Every so many trips we walk by to check and she has just missed it, but not this time!! How exciting!! She is finally big enough to go on her first roller coaster, and a big one at that!! She isn't even two yet! How many kids under two do you know who go on big roller coasters??
Our first time!

We waited in line and Grace was so interested in the waterfalls and the loud sounds the cars would make or the monster would make. I have to admit I was really nervous to take her on it. Although she sits in my lap and is strapped down I know the ride is jerky and I didn't want it to scare her.
So intrigued

Excited!!

We finally got all strapped in and were off!

Sister & Amanda

Because I was holding her I couldn't see her face, but she was gripping me so tight the whole time. She never cried or tried to get up and have me hold her so I think she liked it. When it was over she was laughing and said all done! Success! I am so happy that we can go on it now whenever we come. It's one of my favorites!!
We had so much fun!

To keep with going on new rides we decided to go on Autopia. She was so pleased when we got in the car and she got to sit behind the wheel! I manned the pedal and she took to the wheel and we were off on the most insane, hysterical drive I have ever been on!! SOOO FUNNY! She laughed and laughed as she jerked the wheel from side to side, not being able to see over the top of the car. I look forward to going on this one again!
Waiting to drive the cars!

Student Driver

Crazy Driver!

As we got off the ride my Sister prepared me for some bad news. I was so scared I thought she broke my camera and I hadn't taken pictures off of it in a few weeks. Turns out the my phone got thrown from the diaper bag and the screen shattered. So sad!! Thankfully it still works just fine, its just an eye sore. We headed towards the bathroom and as we walked around the corner Mickey and Minnie came walking out from backstage. My Sister grabbed Grace and bowled people over to get in line so that Grace could get a picture with both of them at the same time. What an incredible moment. She was absolutely beside herself with joy. She kept jumping up and down and giving them hugs and did not want to stop playing with them. Amanda managed to get the best picture ever!!
A picture speaks a thousand words and this one says it all!

When Grace gets into a Disney movie I like to come down and get her the princess doll that goes with the movie so she learns their names and has baby dolls to play with. Today I wanted to get her Cinderella or Ariel because she has been watching Cinderella a lot and I am trying to get her into the Little Mermaid though she is fighting me all the way. I held the two in front of her and she wanted nothing to do with either of them, she wanted Donald! I put the Princess' back and was sad that we wouldn't have a new one to take home. Amanda surprised her with her Donald doll! She was so thrilled! My Sister also picked up a pack of suckers and gave one to her. What a day this little girl has had. Spoiled much?!? We had such an amazing day today!!
Donald!

Lovin the lolly pop!

She was heart broken when Auntie wanted a lick!
Ok we'll share!

No comments:

Post a Comment