Grace and I spent the day with the our visiting family at the beach. Interesting enough we have never taken Grace to spend a day at the beach. We have been to the lake and been to the beach to walk and been down to the water to let her see it but never sat on towels and played in the water. Today they took us to a beach in Newport that I had never been to, that I can not remember the name of at the moment, but it was beautiful!! It wasn't crowded and it was almost like a cove that kept the area secluded which made it easier to keep an eye on your group, and it was just amazing! With the weather being as cold as it has been all Summer, the downside was that the water was like ice! We went down a few times and put of feet in but between the cold water and the strong current we spent most of the day playing in the sand. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not like sand, what so ever! I had to learn to get over that today!! We brought a few sand toys to play with and Grace ended up on my towel building her sand castle. Lovely! But I have to admit I did really enjoy watching her with her shovel the sand into her bucket over and over again. When it was full I would take it from her and flip it upside down and she would immediately smash the little tower that we created. She would laugh and laugh and ask to do it over and over.
She was a little unsure of the waves
Cass & I
Once she got close enough she wanted to play in the waves
Such a happy girl
Mommy... please come out in the water!
Cass was brave enough to hang out on the shore line with her
Building sand castles on my towel
She did not like to being buried!
Taking it all in
She's ready to surf
Beach Babe
We had such an incredible day! I love getting to spend time with family! This trip is the first time that Grace got to meet any of them and she just loved them!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment