Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lose It....We Did It!

When we booked our trip to Hawaii a few months ago we committed to dropping some pounds before we lounged on a tropical beach. They were some hefty goals, but we were determined to do it! I wanted to lose 20 pounds and Eddie wanted lose 34 pounds. I am ecstatic to report that a week before our trip we have reached our goals!!! I can't even describe how proud I am of both of us. It took a lot of will power and team work but the pay off is well worth it! We found an AP on our phones that helped us track calories we ate, along with helping us find out how many calories most food items had. It took our current weight, our goal weight and the number of healthy pounds to lose per week and gave us a daily calorie count and told us how many calories we would burn while exercising. As the weeks went on the amount we were allowed to eat obviously dropped which helped us to stay on track to our goal. This program was absolutely wonderful and I will continue to use it in the months to come to try and get to my goal weight!
Being on this diet has helped us out in so many ways. It's made cooking fun because I am trying new dishes that will keep the calories down, has gotten my butt in gear to exercise and gives Eddie and I a project that we can work on together, as well as push each other to do better. Being put through temptations was trying and not fun at all, but I feel good about myself knowing that I was able to steer clear. This whole process has been amazing. I love that I have actually done something about my weight and it has shown in my appearance and my clothes. I feel confident in the clothes that I wear and am happy to announce that I am in my "skinny jeans." It doesn't get much better then that!!!

2 comments:

  1. sooo proud of you<3 you look SO SO amazing :] not just physically, but you look HAPPIER which just adds to the weight loss!!


    nooow, what's the name of this app!?

    love you!

    ReplyDelete