Tonight is the first night that Eddie and I have put the baby down to sleep without swaddling her! For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically a straight jacket so that she couldn't wake herself up by flinching her hands, or roll over. She has slept like that every night since the day she was born, with the exception of a week when she was a month old because I thought she didn't like it. Little did I know, it would help her sleep through the night from five weeks on! Well she is growing up to be a big girl now and can wiggle herself out of it pretty well, so Eddie and I decided that tonight we would try to see how she would sleep without her comfort blanket keeping her secure. She went to sleep as easily as she normally does!! I figured that she would roll over immediately and I would have to go in her room a few times to roll her back over because when she is lying on her back it doesn't take more then a few seconds before she is on her tummy, but I didn't have to once! She passed right out, and has remained that way since. I know it has only been two and a half hours, but hopefully it will last through the night.
I read somewhere that when babies sleep, they are the most comfortable and feel the safest when they sleep with their hands above their heads and that is exactly how she is sleeping.
Here is a picture of her wrapped in a blanket or what is called swaddled. She was only five days old!! She has changed so much and is growing up so fast!!
Awwww sweet baby girl. :) Look how tiny she was!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a big girl!
ReplyDeleteIf this works than we wont have to fight to keep her handlebars in the swaddle!