Friday, August 7, 2009

Mommy Said No!

And now so does Grace!! Her vocabulary is growing as she does and she is starting to mimic what I say, at least an attempt at the sound that is. Over the last few days I have noticed that her "ma ma's" are sounding more and more like she is using N's instead of M's. Today she started enunciating more and more and it is clear that she is saying "no, no." It bothers me that this would be one of the words that she learned to say so early on because it makes me feel like I use it a lot around her. Obviously children need to be told no because that is how they learn what it means, and with Grace becoming more mobile and curious of things she gets into things she is not supposed to so I am trying to teach her what not to get into. I did not want to raise my children thinking that was the most common phrase they heard. My brother use to have this shirt when he was a baby, which I am sure a everyone has seen that says, "I think my name is no, no!" I know that she doesn't know what it means when she is saying it, she is just learning new words which makes me very proud! Lets just hope she doesn't start telling me no because she is talking back to me anytime soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment