Friday, April 3, 2009

Disney Entertainment

Amanda and I took our usual trip to Disneyland yesterday to watch a few of the shows they have to offer. We went over to California Adventure to watch the Aladdin Musical Spectacular. I have seen that show a dozen times and I love it every time I see it! They are very talented actors/singers, and the genie is so so funny! Although I was disappointed because I had yet to watch American Idol to see who was voted off and the genie told us!!!! Amanda and I laughed because we had debated watching it before we left but decided against it! Anyhow we decided we wanted to sit on the balcony because we had never sat there before, but oh my goodness what a climb!! I carried Grace up to the top of this building. Flights and flights of stairs!!! I thought I was going to die when I got to the top because we raced up to try and beat the crowd. The balcony seating was definitely a different prospective of the show. Grace did so well! She sat there for the hour performance and just watched in aw. She loves music so much so anytime they would sing, (which was a lot because it was a musical) she would give the stage her full attention.
After the show was over we headed over to Disneyland to watch the new parade. They theme for Disneyland this year is "What will you celebrate?" birthday, anniversary, first visit, etc. So to follow in theme the new parade was based on it, but I must say it was a big disappointed. It in my opinion really shows that in this hard economical time, even places like Disneyland are hurting. It looked to me like something that belonged at California Adventure. It is a "street party" so there are a lot of dancers and all types of music and dancing by everyone there. Don't get me wrong it was fun and entertaining, but nothing that belonged at Disneyland. Where did the huge floats go with all the Princess?? This one did have a lot of Disney characters, but more old fashion ones, which I am not against, but they just took a lot out of it compared to the parades of the past. Instead of it being a flowing parade they stop in three spots along the parade route and do a fifteen minute performance. Which also causes them to block off a huge section of the park for something like two and makes it so difficult to get around the park.
This is a picture of one of the I believe three floats they have in the parade. Everything else is bikes and buggy's.
But yet again, Grace absolutely enjoyed herself! Lots of loud music and bright colors. She is always so happy when we are there!
I love that we have our special Thursday trips! They are so much fun and a great way to get out of the house and spend time with Amanda! I can't wait for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment