Graces first official word was "Da Da." On April 16, Amanda and I were at Disneyland having lunch at the Grand California Hotel, and as we were sitting there talking all of a sudden Grace went "da da." I thought to myself did that just happen???? Then she started again, "da da da da da da" Amanda looked at me and asked, "did she just...." and with a tearful response I told her she had!! I could not believe it!! I picked up my phone to call Eddie and put her on the phone with him, and like she had been saying it forever she said it to him. He was so happy to hear it!! I didn't post it at the time because I believe that it wasn't her saying "da da" because she was talking about her dad, but just that she had learned to pronounce her D's. But within the last two weeks, I would say that has changed. She knows who her Daddy is and will call him by name. When he checks on her in the morning and then comes back to get in bed we listen to her on the monitor calling for him. It is the sweetest thing ever, and I know that Eddie really gets a kick out of it. Even though I am home with her everyday she still thinks of her Daddy!
She has been her Daddy's Princess from the start!

"Daddy, a daughters first love" 9/23/09
Thants my baby!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love her so much