For those of you who don't know she has a small dimple at the top of her bum crack. I asked the Dr about it today because I had just noticed it a couple months ago. I honestly didn't think that it was anything but wanted to double check. I am really happy that I did point it out, because as it turns out it isn't just nothing. It is what is called a "Sacral Dimple." A sacral dimple or pilonidal dimple is a small hole located just above the buttocks. The name comes from the sacrum, the bone at the end of the spine, over which the dimples are found. More than 2% of babies may have such dimples; almost all of these are very minor. However, it may be a sign of Spina Bifida: even so this is usually the spina bifida occulta form which is the least serious kind. Needless to say I am a little freaked out. It is something that he is going to keep an eye on, but one of the big signs is going to be weather or not she has a problem potty training. GREAT! Here I thought it was just a cute dimple, and more then likely it will be nothing, but that fact that it could be really scares me. I can't imagine the thought of her having to have surgery to fix it!!!
After hearing all this information, mind you I am there by myself, they tell me that she needs to have a blood test done to test her iron levels for Anemia. We can either do it there in the office for a charge and its a finger prick, or I can go down stairs and they can draw a vial of blood! OMG!!! I could not imagine having to hold her while they take her blood, I swear I would have passed out! So obviously we just charged it and did the finger prick, and her test came back perfect! She is getting all her iron! Then came the insurance issue. Apparently my insurance didn't cover her initial visit from her Dr in the hospital or her first office visit ten days after that, but they did cover her for everything else. I guess they are telling her Dr's office she wasn't a member at the time. HELLO!!!!! She was just born!! I filed all the paperwork what do you mean she wasn't a member??? I was paying for it!! Now I need to call the insurance company and fight with them. There is no way that I am responsible for paying the $700 the Dr's office wants to collect!! Wish me luck!
Besides her visit to the Dr's we had a great day! We went to the mall to pick up the last of our Father's Day presents. We are looking forward to spending time with our Daddy's this weekend! Happy Friday everyone!!
My baby girl the day we left the hospital, in her pink star dress! She was so tiny!!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment