Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tis The Season

I have never been one to jump on getting the house decorated for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. I normally do it a week maybe two before Christmas and then I get irritated that I spent the time sifting through boxes to only get to enjoy the decor for such a short time. I think part of that problem is also that I haven't collected many decorations over the years and so I don't have much. So this year I was going to do things different. I started buying things in November and will continue picking things up until after the holidays to increase my collection. Eddie and I started today and got the house decorated with all that we have, with the exception of the tree, we are getting that next weekend!! By the end of the day our house was in the Christmas spirit and Eddie got our lights up outside. It really does get me into the spirit of Christmas now I just need to make myself a few Christmas CD's and I will be set!! I think that having Grace motivates me to make things special so that she can look back at the pictures of her childhood and know that we did what we could to make things perfect for her!
Daddy working hard getting the lights up!

Our stockings waiting for Santa to fill!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for decorating the day after Thanksgiving!! It's definitely helps get you into the Christmas mood. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete