Friday, May 1, 2009

On The Move!

Within the last 2 weeks my big girl has started to crawl! I have to say that I am no where near ready for her to be mobile. She used to back up into the side of her crib to get balanced up on her knees and peek over the edge, which also caused us to have to lower the crib.

Then she started to do it to everything and sooner or later she got the hang of being on her knees. Then it was just a matter of moving forward. This took some time for her to do, but she is stubborn, driven and doesn't give up on anything easily so she finally got it! What started out as a scoot, then became an army crawl, is now a slow crawl. She doesn't have the hang on it 100% to go fast but it gets her from A to B without rolling! Now its time for us to fully baby proof the house and buy a new entertainment center with doors! Her favorite things to go after are all the video game remotes and we can't have that now can we! It really has changed the way our day flows at home. It has been an adjustment for us because she doesn't want to play in any toy that holds her. She wants to be on the floor at all times! I can't believe that we are already hitting this milestone! I thought that I would have another month or so, but my cousin was walking by nine months so lets see if it runs in the family! Of course I have it all on film, photographed and recorded so I wanted to share one of the videos I captured! I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a big kid!!
    Enjoy the chase mommy!

    ReplyDelete