A few weeks ago my sister and I took my mom to dinner at the Melting Pot to celebrate Mother's Day because it is one of our favorite places to go. We also invited Sarah to go because she had never experienced it for dinner, she had only had cheese and chocolate. Which honestly who are we kidding that's the best part anyway!! We had an amazing dinner and a lot of fun! My mom even won a $100 gift card to the MP in a drawing!!!

I woke up this morning after four hours of sleep but still feeling wonderful!! Amanda, Sarah and I decided on a spur of the moment adventure to the BI last night and we had a great time as usual! After I got showered and ready to go Suzie came over to go have breakfast with Eddie and I headed to Seal Beach to meet my family for breakfast. We ate outside on the upstairs patio by the beach at this little restaurant called Harry's Grill. It was really nice to see all the family together since we all have our own lives to live. Breakfast was really good surprisingly enough, but the weather was a little too cool to stay very long.
I woke up this morning after four hours of sleep but still feeling wonderful!! Amanda, Sarah and I decided on a spur of the moment adventure to the BI last night and we had a great time as usual! After I got showered and ready to go Suzie came over to go have breakfast with Eddie and I headed to Seal Beach to meet my family for breakfast. We ate outside on the upstairs patio by the beach at this little restaurant called Harry's Grill. It was really nice to see all the family together since we all have our own lives to live. Breakfast was really good surprisingly enough, but the weather was a little too cool to stay very long.
My Mommy & her kids!
Four Generations!
Grace with her Nonnie & Pops
After breakfast my sister, Grace and I went over to Sarah's moms house to wish her a happy Mothers Day. While we were there I gave Sarah a card and frame and asked her if she would be Grace's God Mother. Eddie and I had discussed and decided that there are no people better suited to be Grace's God parents then Jake and Sarah. The bonds that they share are unlike any others in her life and we felt needed to be recognized with this honor. There were lots of tears and smiles and she accepted.
When we got home it was time to open gifts and relax. Eddie got me so many nice things! I have always told him that while I love live roses but that glass roses are even better because I will be able to keep them forever! So he got me yellow glass rose which are my favorite to add to my collection. He also got me a ring and bracelet, my very own flash drive, and ink and paper to print pictures. He was so thoughtful in all the gifts that he got for me. We laid down to take a nap before getting ready for dinner. Eddie had made us dinner reservations for three at the Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. It was AWESOME!!! The ambiance, the food and the company of my perfect family made for the perfect meal which ended my absolutely perfect day!
My Family at dinner
I don't think that this day could have gotten any better. I got to spend it with all the people I love the most and my husband did an incredible job making sure that my first Mothers Day was extra special and a day that I would never forget!!
My Reason for Celebrating!
I wouldn't have been able to celebrate this holiday if it weren't for my baby girl. She gave me the opportunity to be recognized on this holiday for the great mother that I am. I wouldn't be the mother that I am today without the upbringing that I had by my own mother. She carved me into the loving, generous, thoughtful, and nurturing mother that I am. I love you Mommy! You are my hero, and I hope that I have made you proud!
.jpg)

Jake and I can't even explain how touched we are to be Grace's Godparents. We're blessed to have such a sweet little Goddaughter!! We love you!!! And Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDelete