Thursday, May 14, 2009

Swing High, Swing Low...

...Up in the sky we go!

One of my favorite and most helpful baby items that I have had and used since the day we brought Grace home is her swing! She LOVES it and so did I! She took all her naps in there up until the last 2 months or so and then she started taking some of them in her crib, and now all her naps are in her crib. A few months ago it broke and we were without it for a week while we waited for the new one to get here. That is when I realized that she needed to be weaned off of it quickly one because she wouldn't have it for much longer and two because I needed to not have something to count on as much as I did that because when we didn't have it anymore I didn't want to be going insane not knowing what to do with her. Her swing was such a lifesaver to us. It stopped many tears, mine and hers. It almost always relaxed her when she was upset, and the music use to help put me to sleep ha ha! So it is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to her swing. She went for her final ride in it today and I felt like we were taking a big step today. Like we were taking the training wheels off of her bike or something! Hopefully our next child will love it as much as she did!
Her First Ride - 9/23/08
Her Last Ride - 5/14/09
"The wolrd is a playground, and life is pushing my swing"

3 comments:

  1. Movin' on up!!! :o) Thus begings the long list of "firsts" and "lasts!" She looks HUGE in that swing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally figured out my password so now I can comment again!!! Such a big girl :)

    ReplyDelete