Put Grace in swimming lessons - Completed 1/12/10
I enrolled Grace in swimming lessons last month and last night was our first class!! I have been looking forward to putting Grace in swimming lessons since she was born, but I kept putting it off for different reasons, money, where to take her etc. My Sister's friend Erin teaches the "Parent & Me" class down at the Huntington Beach Gym so we thought who better then to teach our kids how to swim then someone we have known our whole lives. My sister enrolled Matt and our cousin Brittany enrolled Chloe in the same class so the kids could all learn and play together and we are Mommy's could all spend time together. Now I know that you are thinking, it's Winter and cold, but the pool is indoors and heated to ninety degrees so no problems there! I want Grace to be comfortable in the pool and be able to go under when we go to Palm Springs this April. So I have her in lessons for the next three sessions she should be good to go and then ready for Summer. The classes are also a lot less crowded so you get more one on one time. Each session is five weeks long, meeting twice a week for an hour each class. They aren't learning how to "swim" as much as they are learning to be comfortable in and under the water, that the wall is their safety, and how to float. I'm excited for all different reasons! My little fish will be confident in the pool, it's bonding time for the two of us, good exercise, she gets to spend some quality time with her cousins!
Our first class was a lot of fun! They do lots of songs that we will learn and be able to do on our own. We work on kicks, arm movements, floating and blowing bubbles. There were around ten kids in the class. Eddie even left work a little early to be there to take pictures and video. The one downside was that the heater had broken that morning and was fixed before class, but the pool had cooled down. They cut the class a little short so that the kids wouldn't get too cold. Grace did really, really great. She is the oldest and biggest in the class, big surprise there! The pictures didn't come out too well because of the reflection and because of the lighting indoors. But we did what we could!
Her first swim class!
My little man!
Chloe & Brit
Floating on our backs
Oh Cousin!
During free time she surfed around on the board
Auntie loves to play!
Kicking our feet!
Erin with her favorite students!
The kids all loved the pool!
Our little group!
She splashed and played the entire time and really enjoyed herself. She did all the moves really well, and every time we were supposed to go under she did! There were no tears or screams! All the kids did a great job in the class! I can't wait for our next class tomorrow!!
Ring Around The Rosies!
.jpg)

Awwww ... I love all the fishies!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had so much fun! :o)
ReplyDelete