We acquired a new refrigerator! My Aunt Alice & Uncle Ron moved into a new house and got all new appliances and had no need for their other fridge, so gladly took it off their hands. Ours ran just fine, but one of the bars has been broken for years and prevented us from being able to store large things, like our gallons of milk in the door so that we could use the shelves for food. Something that I did learn to work around, but it really irritated me non the less. My Dad and Brother came over today to pull our old one out and bring the new one in. The new one is much bigger then the old one so it was a little tricky getting it in and hooked up but we got it in! Our new one is a side by side one, with a water and ice maker on the outside. We haven't hooked the water line up yet, but we plan to in the next few weeks. It sticks out a little farther then the previous one, but it shouldn't take long to get use to it. I think I am going to have more of a problem getting use to the fact that the doors are next to each other rather then both on the left side. I am so excited to have this new appliance!! We need something with an ice maker on it because we never seem to have enough ice in the house when people come over so we always have to go to the store to get bags! The room on the inside, including the fact that I have more space because my milk goes in the door now is going to really come in handy to store more food and to help keep it organized! I am so thankful to have such an awesome family!! I can't wait to go grocery shopping!!!
Out with the old....
In with the new!
No comments:
Post a Comment