Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I love long holiday weekends! Having Eddie home is always such a nice treat! This year we spent the Memorial Day out in Corona at Nick and Suzie's for a BBQ. Jake and Sarah had been wanting to see their new house so we thought that this would be the perfect day to do it! They had gotten a lot of work done on their house since the last time I had been out there. Things are coming along really nicely. We made some guac and queso and had a few drinks and just spent time visiting. Sarah and I prepared the hambergers, something that I had never done before, so they came out a little small...well a lot small. But they were extremely delicious! The weather was beautiful out so we decided that we would continue to hang out outside and eat under the trees in their backyard. It was such a peaceful day. I am looking forward to many more BBQ's this Summer!
My Favorite People

Sweet Jilly!

Relaxing under the trees

God bless all our troops who have/are keeping us safe!
"And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up,
Next to you and defend her still today.
Cause there ain't no doubt,
I love this land...
God Bless the USA!"

No comments:

Post a Comment