It's finally happened! Grace has started to climb out of her crib! A little while back Grace would torment me by throwing her leg up onto the front railing of her crib, but she never actually climbed out. Which I must say was honestly shocking to me. With as fearless as she is, I didn't think that it would take this long for her to venture out. Well this morning my Sister heard a knock, knock on a door and couldn't figure out what it was then she heard Grace talking through the wall and thought wait a second. She walked down the hall, opened the door and there stood Grace. All smiles and proud that she was running through her room. Whitney put her back in her crib to see if she would do it again and within a matter of seconds she was up and out! I am not ready to take on this next step. I know plenty of kids that don't go into toddler beds until they are like two and a half. I feel that she is too young to be put in a toddler bed. She wont understand that she can't get up and play. She has so much energy all the time that I swear she wont go to bed until midnight! It will be a quick but slow process of getting her toddler bed put together. We need to move her furniture around so that we can bolt the dresser to the wall so that she doesn't try and climb up the drawers and pull it down on top of her. I have lots of mixed feelings about this. On one hand she is a big girl, but on the other hand it's a lot of responsibility for her to handle. I am also nervous about her opening the doors and the dogs ending up in the same room. This has been something that I have been dreading for quite some time now. We'll see how the next week goes!
Caught in the act!
No comments:
Post a Comment