Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gavin Grant

On the evening of September 8, Ann (my Goosie) was admitted to the hospital at ten. She got all hooked up and the pitocin started about an hour after. Eddie was out of town again for work that night so I was having a hard time sleeping so Ann and I text back and forth for a little over an hour, just talking about her status and how things were going. I wanted to make sure that she got any sleep that she could so I told her to keep me posted and said goodnight. The next morning when I woke up I didn't have any messages from her or Joe so I waited until at least a little after eight to text them, just in case they might have been sleeping, it was unlikely but I was hopeful. A little less then a half hour later I got a text message from both of them. Gavin Grant was born on September 9, 2009 at 8:o6 am, weighing in at 7 lbs 1 oz and was 20 inches long. We were all anxious to hear if he had red hair like his Daddy or not, but that was something that they held back, because at that point they weren't quite sure. Ann & Joe had decided that they didn't want anyone down at the hospital while she labored or delivered. She wanted it to be more personal for her and Joe. She but it perfectly, they were the only ones there when he was created, they are the only ones that were going to be there when he was born.
I went down to the hospital the next day to see how Ann was doing and to meet Gavin. I was so excited when I got there because no one was there, not even Joe. It gave us a chance to hang out and talk about her night and the big move coming up. I also got to hold Gavin and didn't have to share him with anyone!
Metting Gavin!
Wide Awake!
After about an hour big sister Sky showed up with Grandma Brown. It was so awesome to watch Sky with her new baby brother. She was all smiles and wanted to do nothing but hold him. It was so sweet!
Such an excited big Sister!
Mommy and her first baby!
When Grandma Cheryl showed up I didn't want to over crowd Gavin with visitors so I said my goodbyes and headed home. The next evening after a crazy day of waiting on the Dr.'s to get their act together, Gavin was released from the hospital. Congratulations Mercier family!!!! We are so happy for you and your little family! Gavin is just perfect!!! I am so proud of you Goosie! Your dreams are all coming true!! Now the next step......THE MOVE :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment