Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Babies Big Day!

As usual my pretty girl woke up all smiles! Daddy and I sang her Happy Birthday and got her up and ready to take on the day!
We had breakfast as usual and then Jake and Sarah came over with presents!! We opened presents just in time for Nonnie to show up so that we could get on the road to Downtown Disney.
Opening presents with Daddy!!
She loves toys!!
With all the excitement that morning we almost forgot to put her new "Big Girl" car seat in the car! I was soooooooooo excited for her to finally be big enough to ride forward and to use her new pretty seat! She really got a kick out sitting the other way. As we drove down our street she was so confused and kept saying, "oooooohhhhhhh," it was priceless!!!
She sees life in a whole new way, literally
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
When we got there we headed straight for Build A Bear. My mom has always wanted the experience of making a bear, so she thought there was no better reason to do it. Grace picked out her bear and we headed through the process. She was running all over the store getting into everything! We finally picked out as accessory to go with her, a pair of Micky Ears that match her party theme! PERFECT!
Helping stuff her bear
Giving the heart kisses!
Kisses for her bear!!!!
Family shot at Build A Bear
Sam gave her, her first sucker
Then we headed over to one of my favorite little places at the Grand California Hotel to have her birthday lunch, where Grandma Suzie met us. We had a nice lunch and then headed home so that Grace could nap and Liz and I could do the last of the shopping for the party.
We all matched the colors in her dress....that was not done on purpose!!
When the shopping was finally done we had a BBQ with Liz and Eric and then opened a few more presents with Grandma & Grandma, and Nana & Papa.
More presents!!
So excited about presents!!!
When Liz and I had picked up Grace's personal cake for the party, they gave us a sugar free cupcake for her to have as well. We thought that we might as well see what she was going to be like the next day so we pulled it out, sang happy birthday and let her have it. She wasn't really sure what to do with it though. As much of the tomboy that she is, she doesn't like to have her hands dirty, tomorrow should be interesting.
Is that really for me!?!?
Oh yea!!!!
She said good night to all her company, and I took her to put her down for bed. I rocked her for a few minutes and we listened to out playlist and I cried. I cried out of sheer happiness for her, and sadness for me. My sweet baby is becoming a big girl. She is still a baby to me, and will be for quite some time, but she is now working on her second year! I smothered her with kisses, relived the moment that I got to hold her for the first time, and layed her in bed and sang her one more song. Sweet Dreams baby girl! I hope you had a great birthday! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment