Happy Birthday my Sweet Peedy Pearl! Today you turn a whole year old!! I can't believe it! I don't know where the time went. I am the extremely happy and sad at the same time. You are growing up way to fast! I cannot begin to tell you how much I have treasured this year, even though I’ve been exhausted for most of it. It is absolutely incredible to watch you discover the world around you and to discover the fact that you can interact with it. I’ve watched you go from a tiny, helpless infant to a determined little girl with a mind of her own.
When I brought you into this world, it was the most wonderful experience of my whole life! It was so special, so perfect, and so indescribable. I finally got to meet my little miracle that had been growing inside of me. I got to hold you in my arms, kiss you and just stare at you. I could never imagine how meeting you for the first time was going to affect me. I was speechless and overjoyed!! I loved being pregnant with you! You treated me very well, and I could have been pregnant with you forever. I loved feeling you move and talking to you when no one was around. We had our own bond, our own secrets. Of course I also had a ton of fears as well. How was I going to protect you from everything in this world?? You would be so fragile, and so pure that I wouldn't want anything to hurt you. But would I be able to do that? After you came into my life I knew that I could so anything. Especially if it involved you!!! You give me the strength to do anything I want to.
Being a Mom is the hardest job, but absolutely the most rewarding. I love getting to learn everything with you. You have taught me that a Tupperware makes a great hat, that a reflection is fascinating, and that an empty diaper box provides hours of amusement. You have taught me patience, a deep love, and terrible fear. We are both new at this, and I think we are doing a great job! I am the most thankful that I have been blessed enough to spend the whole first year of your life at home with you everyday! I was there when you smiled, rolled over, spoke your first word, took you first steps and the list of milestones goes on. I am so thankful that I was there for it all; I can't imagine missing out on things like that. They are what make us the special couple we are. I love waking up every morning knowing that when I open your bedroom door you will smile at me and start my day out on a positive note. You are my everything! My reason for being, the reason behind my every smile, the reason that I strive to be the best, and the reason that I have so much love in my heart. You have made my life so much better then I thought that life could be. I am always saying that I can't imagine being any happier in my life then I am now, and you are my reason for that. You light up my life! You show me the positive and the innocence side of life.
You are such and sweet and special girl. Everyone who knows you loves you so much! You have so many people in your life that would do anything for you. You constantly amaze us by how smart you are. You figure things out so easily and always seem to be ahead of the game. I have tried so hard to make your first year so memorable, and even though you won’t remember it in your mind, you will have so many pictures and videos of the great things that happened. You truly have an amazing life. May this next year bring you so many discoveries. I hope you feel how loved and cherished you are by your big, crazy family. Keep that wonder, that fearlessness that inspires you to climb up the stairs and up on couches. Continue to find the joy in the small things, like the feeling of bubbles on your hands or the way the wind blows on you when you stand in front of a fan, or the way sand feels beneath your feet.
Remember I will always be here for you, when you want to play peek, or if you ever want to snuggle, or when you want dance to one of our songs. When you wake up in the middle of the night, crying because your teeth hurt, or you had a bad dream, I will always hold you and keep you close. I will try to stand back and let you go, to let you discover, I know you need that. As I watch you explore your world, always know I am your BIGGEST fan. And so, my sweet baby, on the anniversary of my most memorable night, I want to wish you a very Happy First Birthday! I hope I can make this birthday as special as you make every single day for me.
I love you more then life,
Mommy
Braeburn Thermostat Manual
2 years ago
.jpg)

Happy 1st Birthday Gracie!!! You're growing up so fast right in front of my eyes, it's amazing to watch all the new things you discover! You make me wanna be a kid again! I love you!!!
ReplyDelete