Monday, September 28, 2009

Dancing With The Stars

I got hooked on "Dancing with the Stars" last season when Holly Madison got casted when one of the original stars got injured. I was a huge "Girls Next Door" fan so I had to show my support to Holly. She didn't last very long, but I got really into the show. It is so amazing to watch people dance like that. The professionals are extraordinary and the fact that they can teach people in such a short time to be great just shows how good they are. Once Holly got voted off, my votes all went to Mark and Shawn who ended up winning! So when the new season started with a lot of stars that I knew and liked such as Chuck Liddell, Melissa Joan Heart, & Kelly Osbourne, so I made sure to set up my DVR! I also signed up for tickets to go to a live tapping of the show. Like most popular shows that I have signed up for tickets for I was put on a waiting list and would be notified if any tickets became available. I didn't get my hopes up because the chances of getting tickets aren't that great, and anytime I have gotten an email about tickets they are already full by the time I get it. To my surprise on Friday night I checked my mail and I had an email offering me tickets to a taping and they were still available!!! I called my Grandma and asked her if she would rather go to the Monday or Tuesday taping because she is a huge fan of the show. We chose Monday night so that we would get a chance to see all the stars dance rather then the elimination round. I called my Mom and Sister and asked if they would like to go with us and reserved us the tickets!
This afternoon we got all dressed up fancy and headed out towards Hollywood! We made it there in great time and were in the middle of the line, but because my Grandma was in a wheel chair we got pulled out of line and went in first! We were so excited because we got sat on the floor amongst all the VIP's! While we were waiting for everyone to be seated we looked around at the names on the seats of the people who would be sitting around us. We sat right by the Osmond family, but sadly Marie wasn't there this week. When the show started we just sat there in aw of the dances and clapped a lot! It's actually kinda funny that you want so badly to get to go to a tapping and feel privileged to be there, and honestly you are there to work. We clapped and clapped and clapped all night long, but we had such a great time! We were all kinda star struck by the people that were there. Past season contestants and the family and friends of the people who are competing this year. It was such a fun experience to see all behind the scenes stuff and I am so happy that I got to spend it with my family! Once we got home I turned on the show to see if we could be spotted amongst all the people. There was a great shot of my Mom and Grandma after Kelly danced and a shot of me and my Sister after Chuck danced! Sadly once you have been to a taping they wont let you go back until a new season has started. Guess we will have to cross our fingers for "So You Think You Can Dance" tickets. GOOD LUCK Chuck, Kelly, and Melissa!!!!
The lady's all gussied up!

No comments:

Post a Comment