Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Tonight we ventured out into the rain to get our Christmas tree! Since Eddie is going to be out of town all week next week (boo) we didn't have a choice, so we bundled up warm and hit the tree lot. The price of Christmas trees baffles me! It's just a tree that we will have for a few weeks and you have to spend so much money on it. It takes away from the money we can spend on presents. But you can not go without one, it just wouldn't be Christmas. We walked up and down the aisles and examined all the trees, and picked out the one we wanted to take home. Grace enjoyed splashing through the puddles and running around playing hide and seek and touching any tree she could.
Picking out the perfect tree!
Splashing through the puddles
Peek!
We paid, loaded it up and headed home to tackle decorating! As soon as we got it unloaded and into the house it started to pour, perfect timing! Eddie hammered the stand into the bottom, with Grace's help and we rearranged our furniture and stood it up in the window. Liz and Eric came down for the weekend and they showed up just in time to help get the lights up.
Liz brought in her IPod and we hooked it up and listened to Christmas tunes. That is something that I don't have, Christmas music. I love it, but I just have never picked up any CD's. After a few hours and a few laughs we were done and it looks beautiful!!!
Hammering in the stand with Daddy
Helping get the lights organized
Putting the star on!
Our Christmas Tree!
We don't have a "department store" tree with all matching bulbs that looks fancy, but it is covered with history. I have all my ornaments that I have gotten over the years from my Nana and Papa, my parents and ones that I had made as a kid. Eddie and I always have ones that we have collected since we have been together and ones that we have gotten for Grace and as a family. Something that I am really excited about this year is our tree topper. It's a star of course, but Eddie and I have never had a tree topper in the eight Christmases we have spent together so I am very happy to finally have one. Eddie worked hard to get the top of the tree ready for the top and Grace had the honor of putting it up. I LOVE our tree!!! The house is lit up and smells so great!! It now officially feels like Christmas in the Jackson house!

1 comment: