Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Vegas Baby!!

Eddie had to work the week of his birthday, but he couldn't have been sent to a better place then Vegas! Perfect place to party for your birthday, and it was close enough so that I could meet up with him for a few days to celebrate his big day! Amanda and I left Monday afternoon after her last final of the day. We hit a little traffic on the 91, which can be expected, but then had smooth sailings after that and arrived the Luxor just after eight. We grabbed our room key, a bite to eat and then met up with Eddie and his buddy Jeff.
All checked in!

Let me fill you in on a couple things that I learned about the Luxor. First of all the elevators aren't normal ones that go straight up and down, they go sideways/diagonally to accommodate the fact that the hotel is in the shape of a pyramid. It will definitely take you off guard and makes you dizzy and would not be fun to be drunk in. Secondly again because of the shape of the hotel the elevator can be very far from the room, and we just so happened to be at the farthest that we could have been. Like we didn't have enough walking in our future! We walked around a little bit to check out the video slots because we had never stayed there before and decided to call it an early night since we had all been up early and Eddie had to work in the morning. Eddie woke up and left early for work, on his birthday so sad! Amanda and I woke up the earliest we had ever for Vegas and got ready for our day. We gambled for a little while and then headed to grab some lunch and to go to the M&M factory to look around. After venturing through all four floors that they kept advertising were open, pretty annoying, we ended up in the Coca Cola store. We checked out all their merchandise and then while we were upstairs waiting in line for a soda we realized that they offered "Taste of the World", which consisted of sixteen different types of soda that Coca Cola produces all over the world. Back when the Coca Cola factory was an actual factory I am told that the best part was at the end when you could go up to the soda machines and taste all the different flavors but when they changed the concept of the building they got rid of it. Amanda was so excited to see that they offered you the opportunity to experience it this way. We waited at the counter for our drinks and then carried the tray over to a table and began trying them.
Taste of the World

Cheers!!

Some of them were good, some just OK, and one was absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!! I gagged on it!! I can't imagine having that as a regular drink YUCK! Then it became a game to us. We would sit there and watch other people who were trying them and wait for them to drink the nasty one and just watch them gag on it. When we were done laughing we headed back to our room to get ready to venture out for Eddie's birthday.
Me & the Birthday Boy!

We headed out to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill for dinner. The atmosphere was really great for us and they drinks were AWESOME! Expensive, but when they are served in mason jars and are strong you don't need more then one to feel the buzz! The food was decent and I can't wait to go back and try something else.
I love this bar!

Awesome drinks!

Feeling tipsy we left the restaurant got Eddie a yard and hit the casino to try and win some money. Sadly we didn't win any, but we didn't loose much and got a few hours of entertainment. Eddie even sat at the table with us and played a hand! Since Eddie had to work in the morning we didn't stay out too late but had a great time! Eddie kissed me goodbye the next morning and went off to work. I was sad that I wasn't going to get to sleep next to him for a few more days. Amanda and I got on the road after lunch and stopped at Stateline to spend just a little bit more money. Once back on the road we were chatting and I looked in my mirror and I was getting pulled over!!!!!!! I looked down and knew that I was getting pulled over for speeding. Damn it!! I have been pulled over before and not gotten tickets but I knew that I would be done for this time! Surprisingly the cop was super nice and let us go ticket free!! It was our lucky weekend with everything but gambling!! I was so excited to finally get home and get to see my baby girl!! I had missed her so much, it was really hard to leave her this time. Thank you My Friend for going with me so that I didn't have to drive by myself! Happy Birthday again baby!! I'm so glad that I got to spend it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment