Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

I finally finished reading "My Sister's Keeper". I started it a in October and it took me a little while to get into it. Each character is a chapter and you can loose track of who's talking when you can't pay full attention, and chasing after a one year old prevents me from having my undivided to my book. When I really found some time to read and focus on it I really started to enjoy it. It was completely different then I thought it was. I thought it was about a sister who wanted to be emancipated from her parents so that she could help her sister medically, when in reality she wanted to because she wanted to be able to decide for herself because she didn't want to anymore. Overall I enjoyed the book. It made me think about my own sister and what I would do if I were in the Mother's shoes. I can't imagine having a child who is sick like that, it makes me cry to think about it. I know that Grace is healthy now, but that doesn't mean that something wont pop up later and that scares me to death. I can't imagine what I would do. I thank God everyday that she is happy and healthy! When it comes to my sister and the thought of needing to help her I couldn't imagine not doing everything that I would imaginable to help her. She's my Sister, and one of my best friends and I couldn't survive without her. I don't want to give the book away to those of you who haven't read it, but for me it was a very touching story, one that made me cry just reading the book. I am just the type of person who relates a story to my life and I put myself in everyone's shoes and in this story it is hard to choose a side. Everyone has a valid point when their heart on the line.
Then I watched the movie. Serious tear jerker! I cried through the entire movie. My eyes burn, they are raw and my nose is all red! Reading the book first definitely helped to be able to follow it, but the movie is completely different from the book! The endings are completely different! I was shocked when it ended differently. Normally they will change things here and there when they make movies from books, but they left A LOT out of the movie. I still liked the movie and will buy it I was just completely blown away by the ending. Make sure to have tissues near if you watch it!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment