Saturday, June 5, 2010

29th Annual for Amanda's 29th

To celebrate Amanda's 29th birthday today, her and Sarah ran in the 29th Corona Del Mar Scenic 5K. Amanda has been talking about doing a 5k for quite some time now and since she was turning 29 and it was the 29th run she was determined to do it. Her Sister ended up being unable to do it so when Sarah heard about it she jumped at the chance at being able to run again. Amanda had been running for a few weeks prior to kind of prepare herself for what she was going to be doing. She had a goal in mind that she wanted to finish it in forty five minutes. Little did she know that running it with Sarah was going to motivate her and keep her moving. The plan was to meet up with Jake at the finish line in time to be there when they crossed it. Unfortunately due to an intense morning at home we were unable to get there before they finished, but were there to celebrate just a few minutes after. I was really upset because I knew that it meant a lot to Amanda that I be there, and I just couldn't get there in time. The fact that they finished it in thirty nine minutes didn't help us out either! I was so proud of both of them!
Go #1195 & #1196!!

Amanda really wanted to spend the remainder of the morning and early part of the afternoon at the beach since we were down there. She really wanted everyone to swim and really just have a beach day. Sadly the weather was just a little on the cold side. It was overcast so the sun hadn't been out to warm the water at all so it was just freezing! I promised Amanda that we would go down to the beach one day and have a beach day to make up for it. To make the day a little sweeter it was Jill's first time at the beach! She got to experience sand and before we knew how cold the water was she was going to get to put her feet in. Yea was not going to happen!
Cuddling with Jillian

First family trip to the beach

It was a relaxing morning spent laying in the lack of sun, but we all got really sun burned. I guess you really never learn that when it's overcast is when you get the most burnt! We have plans to go to dinner tonight! I hope that Amanda had an awesome birthday! Next year is going to be crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment