Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Stitches out!

My poor tid! We made our first visit to the Dr. on Monday to get her stitches taken out. As soon as he walked into the room she started to cry. This was a first, she never acted like this at the Dr.'s. I knew that this was not going to go well. I tried to lay her down on the table and she started to cry harder and would not let go of me. I started to get upset because I didn't understand how they were going to get the stitches out if she was going to fight it the whole time. I was so scared that her wound was going to reopen. Between me and the nurse we had her pinned down as the Dr. started to cut the stitches out. She is such a strong kid and fought the entire time. Her blood pressure was shooting through the roof and it was causing her cut and the incisions from the stitches to bleed. After getting two stitches he said that he didn't think that it was ready to have the stitches out. It looked like the cut was going to split open especially because she was so worked up. He wanted us to come back in two days. Are you kidding me?! You want me to put her through this again? I was not happy about this, though obviously it was best. I did not want her cut to bust open by any means. We went out front and schedule a visit for two days later. Then it shocked me and pissed me off that they charged me my co pay for being there for less then five minutes and he hadn't even done what he was supposed to. I understand its just policy and that it's the Dr.'s time and bla, bla, bla but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with it. The fact that I am going to have to come back and pay it again for him actually doing his job irritates me. I had honestly contemplated taking them out at home myself. Because she was going to get so worked up and fight it again was not something that I wanted to experience again and I knew that she would let me do it without a problem because she lets me clean and take care of it with no problem. My biggest fear was what if it still wasn't ready to have the stitches taken out. Errrrr I'm just going to have to suck it up and do what's best for Grace.
My happy girl!!

So gorgeous, even with her stitches!
Today we loaded up and headed back to the Dr. hoping that it would be ready and that it would go more smoothly then Monday. I actually thought it might have because she had fallen asleep in the car and didn't wake up when I pulled her out. Maybe she would sleep through the whole process. Yea no, as soon as I laid her down on the table she woke up and started to cry. Great! We tried to have it done with me holding her and she just did not want him near her face. Back on the table she fought and fought and fought. We were able to get through the whole thing eventually, but not without her calling out "all done" in between her sobs in the middle of it all. Broke my heart! When it was all over and I was holding her and calming her down the Dr. told me that because she was fighting it one of the knots got cut off without the rest of the stitch being pulled out. What?!? He proceeded to tell me that over the next week or so that her body would reject it as a foreign object and it would start to form an ingrown hair type thing and eventually it would break through the skin and be done with. WHAT?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! Hearing this I knew it was time to start looking for a new Dr. I paid my stupid co pay and left as fast as I could. When we got home and Grace was relaxed I pulled the bandage off to see if I could see anything from the stitch that was left in there. I say it sticking out and went and grabbed my tweezers. As I sang her a song she sat perfectly still and I was able to pull it out! Thank goodness! No more waiting for it to do it on it's own. The rest of our day was spent relaxing and cuddling! After going through this ordeal I pray that she will never have to have stitches again! If she ends up with them again we are either going dissolvable or we will both be sedated to have them removed. I'm so happy this experience is behind us and that hopefully we wont be going back to see any kind of Dr. until she needs to go for her two year check up! Two years?!? Where has the time gone???
She was very unhappy when we left the Dr.'s

1 comment:

  1. <my best little friend in the whole wide world.. i miss her so much so gracie please stop getting hurt so mommy and daddy can rest asure that that she is safe with grandma... i made the new house pretty much gracie safe!!!! i love you guys so much and sorry what your going through...so scary i miss you

    ReplyDelete