Monday, June 7, 2010

The End Of An Era

My Sister is moving out. It brings a smile to my face, hope in my heart, and tears to my eyes.
Packing Helpers!
Bu-Bye Auntie
She wants to go with you!
Josh, his friend Nick and my Sister are moving into a house three major streets from our house. Thank goodness it wont be far! It's going to be so nice for her to have a place of her own. She will have space and have all her things in one place! Not to mention Matt will have his own room along with enough space for alllll his toys! We sure have some spoiled kids! Sadly our dog Rocky is going to go live with them. It's a win, win situation for everyone. We can't have the fear of the dogs fighting now that Grace is getting older and Whitney LOVES Rocky! He will make her feel safe in a strange place. I'm really sad that he won't be here everyday, but so glad that he is going to my Sister because I know that she will take good care of him.
Having of my best friends live with me has been such a roller coaster ride. When she first moved in it was supposed to be a temporary thing. We wanted her to move out of the place she was living in so we offered for her to come stay with us for a few months to get on her feet. Three years later she is still here! We have had our very high highs and very low lows. I have really enjoyed having her here and at times wanted to change the locks. Over all I am happy that she has been with me. She has helped me survive life the last three years and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have been able to do it without her. She has seen me at my best and my worst. Was here to listen to me scream, hug me when I was at the end of my rope and laugh with me at things that no one would ever understand. She was my rock for a long time and now while she is moving into the next phase of her life, I don't know if I am going to be alright without her. One of the greatest parts about her living her was that we got to be together during the greatest times of our lives. We got to raise the first year of our children's lives together. We have close relationships with our niece and nephew that I am so thankful for. So while I am so happy for the both of us to learn to live without the other, I am devastated that she wont always be here. I just don't want our relationship with each other or the kids to change because of it. I love her so much and want her to have a great life that she is happy and proud of and I hope that this next step will bring that to her. I will always be here for her and I know that she will always be there for me. It's with a heavy heart that I help her pack up her things and look around her empty room. I know that it's the best for everyone, but that doesn't mean that it isn't hard! I love you Sister!! It's time to spread your wings and fly!
My Sister, My Friend
You can kid the world. But not your sister
How do people make it through life without a sister

3 comments: