Saturday, June 19, 2010

Throwdown!

For Father's Day/Our Anniversary we went to a country concert at Verizon called the Country Throwdown! My Dad had gotten tickets from a buddy at work and he gave them to Eddie and I because he knew that we would enjoy ourselves. It was some of the bad asses of country music getting together for a crazy show. We had lawn seats so we wanted to make sure that we got there early enough to get good spots near the front. The concert itself was scheduled from 1-11 so we knew that it was going to be a long day especially because we got there at 11:30!
Me & My Guy!

We waited in line outside and enjoyed lunch and talked until around one when the let us in the gates. We ran from the gate and got up the small hill to the amphitheater to find out that those gate weren't going to be opened until 2:30 because the first four acts were going to be on a smaller stage. Irritated! If I would have known that I wouldn't have just sat our front for two hours to have to come in and sit here for another hour and a half. Eddie and I both took turns waiting in the sun and wondering around checking out the different booths. When they finally opened the gates we ran for it. I give Eddie so much credit! He ran all the way up that ridiculous hill. Anyone who has been to Verizon knows that I am talking about! I could not keep up! We got seats center stage, second from the bars. The girls in front of us we had talked to in line so at least the people in front of us wouldn't be able to ruin our time.
Our great lawn seats!

Sun Bathing

The first act started at 3:30 and continued on well into the night. Lots of great acts and people we had never seen and the headliner was Montgomery Gentry who Eddie has always like. Jamey Johnson was there and was terrible!!! I can't handle him! The way he sings and the songs that he has are just terrible with the exception of "In Color". We debated around 7:30 if we wanted to stick it out and see Montgomery Gentry. Everyone around us was drunk and we were completely sober. We both agreed that we needed to learn how to drink beer! Either that or tailgate at the next convert we attend. It had gotten really cold and I was in shorts and even Eddie was cold. We tried to wrap up in our blanket but it was moist from sitting out so it didn't help at all. We decided that we were going to stick it out and just move down into the empty seats that were right in front of the bars. That should at least warm us up a little and help with our comfort level. Sitting on a blanket on grass/dirt and rocks on a steep slant for almost five hours gets very uncomfortable. We moved and it solved a lot of the issues we were having. I was really happy that we stayed! Montgomery Gentry was worth it. They were so much fun and I knew all the songs they sang so I got to get out of my seat and dance. It was such a l-o-n-g day, but I had a terrific time spending the day with Eddie. We don't do much just the two of us. We either have friends or Grace with us so this was nice. I am really happy that my Dad got the tickets! Lots of artists I get to cross off my list of wanting to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment