
Our day started out at my parents house because we stayed the night there since we were out late at the concert. We woke to Grace jumping up and down in the play pin in our room saying "Hello"! Lots of kisses and cuddles later we were up getting ready to go have breakfast with my family. We went to this place at the District called the "Marmalade Cafe" because my parents really enjoy the food there.
Best Dad Ever! Love you Daddy!
Our Dad
Sweet Babies
I was really happy that we did go there because the wait was short and the restaurant itself was really nice. We sat outside on a covered patio that was really pretty and the weather was just beautiful. It was nice that my whole family was able to get together at the same time to be together for my Dad. Everyone's food was really good, and the portions were huge! Note to self, make sure you share! My food however was not what I had expected it to be, so I just nibbled off everyone elses. I ordered a fruit and yogurt parfait thinking that it was going to be made with vanilla yogurt because that's how I make them at home. Wrong! It's made with plain yogurt which if I knew and it was just gross! The texture, the taste, even with the yummy fruit and sweet granola I couldn't eat it. So sad! After a nice breakfast and visit with my Dad we got on the freeway and headed out to visit with Nick in Corona. I love going out to their house because every time we do there is something else done to the house. Since they are still new homeowners projects will be going on for quite some time now. The newest addition is bunk beds and bedding in the Grace & Ashlyns room. I was lame and forgot to take a picture because when we first got there Grace was asleep so I put her to bed and then forgot! When Grace woke up she played with Grandpa for a little while before we headed out for a late lunch!
Grandpa & Grace

Nick, Grace & Eddie

My silly girl!
Claim Jumper, my favorite place for a wedge salad!! I could not wait! After breakfast failed me I was so excited for a yummy lunch! We had called and made a reservation so we didn't have to wait, which is always nice on a holiday. Lunch was perfect! The food, the conversation and the people there of course. We had such a nice afternoon!
Celebrating!

Daddy's Little Angel

After a nice long lunch we got on the road to head home. It was so nice getting to spend the day with family, but I was really looking forward to spending it with my little family at home.
Exhausted after a long day
Grace is so lucky to have such a great Dad! He is very involved with her, loves her deeply and gets a kick out of the little things that she does to amaze us everyday. Their relationship is so special. I know that they both cherish the time that they have together because he works all day and goes out of town a lot. They are such a cute pair and I look forward to the little tom boy that I swear she is going to grow up to be so that Daddy can teach her all about trucks, but loves that he will always be the one to tuck her in at night. She will always be his little Princess!
My Little Girl
Tim McGraw
Gotta hold on easy as I let you goGonna tell you how much I love you
Though you think you already know
I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm
You've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born
You beautiful baby from the outside in
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again
Go on, take on this whole world
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl
When you were in trouble that crooked little smile could melt my heart of stone
Now look at you, I've turned around and you've almost grown
Sometimes you're asleep I whisper "I Love You" in the moonlight at your door
As I walk away, I hear you say, "Daddy Love You More"
Your beautiful baby from the outside in
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again
Go on, take on this whole world
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl
Someday, some boy will come and ask me for your hand
But I won't say "yes" to him unless I know, he's the half
That makes you whole, he has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man
I know he'll say that he's in love
But between you and me
He won't be good enough
Your beautiful baby from the outside in
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again
Go on, take on this whole world
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment