Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's Not Goodbye...See You Later

Today was a very sad day for me. My Rocky moved out. Like I mentioned in my previous blog about my Sister moving out Rocky is going to live with her. My Sister has said since she moved in that when she left she was taking Rocky, we just always rolled our eyes at it. Then when Grace was born we realized that one day she was going to be able to open doors and that was going to cause a problem where our dogs were concerned. It's been three years since the dogs have had to be separated and we had a really good system that worked for us. But now that we are at the point in life where Grace opens doors it throws a huge wrench in our routine. Jax has always slept in our bedroom with us and Rocky has free roam of the rest of the house. I don't want to chance that Grace will get up in the middle of the night and open our door and give the opportunity for the dogs to cross paths. We knew that one day we were going to have to do something about it, we just wanted to wait until we had to. I know that everyone thinks that it was really easy for me because I favor Jax, but that is so untrue, Rocky was my first dog. He was so sweet and small when I brought him home and I would doat on him everyday. Then I felt bad because we went to work everyday and Rocky had to be home all alone so I wanted to get him a friend to play with. Had I known that the dogs wouldn't be friends forever I never would have gotten another dog. It breaks my heart that they wont just get along so that we could all stay together. The fact that Rocky was the one who went has nothing to do with him being liked any less then Jax. My Sister is the one who loves Rocky more and wanted him. He is a big dog that protects his house and adores my Sister. He used to sleep in her room on her bed with her for the longest time. Now that she has her own place and spends most of her time there alone with Matt she wants to feel safe in a "strange" place. Rocky provides that for her. I know that he is in a loving home that he will be able to be a full time house dog that will get all the attention. Even Matt loves to play with him! I love that our kids aren't going to be afraid of dogs. I also love that he is going to my Sister because that means that I will still get to see him all the time! It's not like he went to strangers or a friend that we don't see much of. I can go see him everyday!
The day I brought him home
They slept the same way
He used to cuddle with me all the time
Such a handsome boy
He's got a sence of humor!
We spent our last morning together before we packed up all of his stuff and loaded him up in the car. He was so excited to be going on a car ride. I cried as my Sister drove away knowing that it was going to take some time to get use to the fact that he wont be here anymore. I wont be able to play catch with him whenever I want, I wont have him here to bark at people at the front door, and he wont be here to give me kisses just because. I will miss him so, so, much! I hope that he adjusts easy to his new place. I don't want him to be scared or hate it there because we aren't there with him. The last thing I want is for him to feel like we abandoned him. I love you Toppy! You will always be my very first puppy and I promise to come see you all the time! My Toppy Rock....Ma Mountain Dog!
I'll miss you boy!

We Love you soooo much!

Excited to go to his new place!

Forever a member of our family

No comments:

Post a Comment