Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy 25th Birthday Jess!!

Today to celebrate her birthday, Jessica wanted to try on Wedding dresses! Not only did she do that, but she bought one!! What a way to celebrate!?!? Sarah, Jilly and I picked Jessica up this morning and she was very apprehensive about this experience. What if she didn't find anything she liked?? I understood this fear exactly. I went through the same thing when I was looking for a dress. I actually stopped looking for mine after we left the second place because I was so upset about not finding anything that I liked. Sarah and I talked positively about the whole thing to try and lift her spirits! Not to say that she wasn't excited, because she was, just not to the level that Sarah and I were!! We met up with Jessica's Mom and Sister at the dress shop who were also very excited!! We sat down to wait for our sales girl and Jessica flipped through the magazine folding down dresses that she liked.
Looking for the right one!
Bride & Matron of Honor
Jilly's first dress shopping experience!
She wasn't sure of what style she wanted, so she wanted one of everything!! The sales girl was so nice, and made the whole experience so nice! She wasn't overbearing or pushy, Sarah helped her in and out of dresses and she let Jessica run the show. When she came out of the dressing room with the first dress on her mood so so different! I swear there is something about putting a wedding dress on that makes you realize what you are going through in your life! You are getting married and going to find the dress that you have been looking forward to wearing your whole life!! Two dresses later she had found the dress, her dress!!! Her face lit up and she was in love! Sarah wanted her to try on a few more dresses just so that she didn't settle on the first dress that she actually liked. An hour later Jess was begging to get back into the dress that she had fallen for. She was glowing once she got it back on and once the veil was on her head, she was strutting around that shop and it was apparent that this was it!! It was a very emotional Mother, Daughter moment! With tears in their eyes, they embraced and celebrated the moment and all of its glory!! It was soooo sweet!!!
Sadly, it was time for Jessica to take the dress off so that she could go pay for it! She made plans with a few other bridesmaids to come down with her later this week so that she could show them and get back in it!! She was sooooo excited!! I was so thrilled that Jessica asked me to be there with her today. The more people who go the more opinion you have and it can get very overwhelming. I sat there and took all the pictures, and squealed when she had found her dress! It was such a amazing moment to be apart of! When we left the dress shop we headed to Macaroni Grill for some "Shrimp Yum" and drinks to enjoy the rest of her birthday. We had such a wonderful morning and I'm sure that Jessica enjoyed everything about her day! She got the ultimate present!!

No comments:

Post a Comment