Friday, March 19, 2010

Mommy's Time Out

Moms are the hardest working people in the world! They work twenty four hours a week, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty five days a year. Whether they stay home or are working, all Moms need a time out every once in a while.

Ann hadn't had a night off since Gavin was born, and my Sister doesn't get out much either so we decided that tonight was our night to let loose! I spent the day with Grace because she is a year and a half today, and then got dolled up to set out for our night out! We started off at one of our favorite spots for dinner....The Melting Pot!! I think this is the greatest place for a girls night out. I can not get enough of that cheese!!! When I was in El Paso and we were talking about them coming out here Ann and I both agreed that we had to take a trip to the Melting Pot so Teresa could experience it. Who are we kidding, it was for us too! We made the reservation for a table with two burners so that we could get a variety of cheese and chocolates. The food was amazing, as always!!! Even though we were there for three hours, it didn't feel like it because we had a ton of fun!
Fun with Fondue

When we were leaving the restaurant we all acted like "Moms" and contemplated going home and skipping out on the dancing because it was late and we missed our kids. Then we realized that we deserved it and we needed to take advantage of our time together so we headed to the Sharks Club! Getting there was an adventure in itself! I had a few drinks at dinner so I was already giggly so my Sister drove and followed Ann and Teresa. Ann wasn't use to driving from the direction we were coming from so there was a little confusion on how to get there, but it got me a ton of laughs!!! Because Joe use to be a bouncer at the club we got in free and right away! We walked in to a very crowded bar and headed straight to the restroom. The lines were insane so we waited on the dance floor for Ann to go to the bathroom.
Ready to dance!

We were standing there looking around when we noticed that everyone around us was Asian! Ann had forgotten that's what Friday nights were! We laughed it off and headed to the bar for a shot!
Jagger Bombs!

Back on the dance floor we got funny looks, and quite a few people would comment, "didn't get the memo," or "have you ever seen so many yellow people." It was so funny!! We danced for a while and laughed A LOT before heading out for the night just before the bar closed so that we wouldn't have to fight the parking lots!
Texas Chicks!

Surrounded by Asian people!!

This creepy guy kept staring at us!!!
My Party Girls!
Though I prefer the BI and line dancing over trying to dance to hip hop that I don't know. I had such a great time tonight! It was good to get out and have a great time with my Best Friend! We hadn't done something like that in so long since kids have come along! The memories from tonight will always make me laugh, hysterically, and warm my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment