Eric and Liz had also come down to spend the weekend with Ann and the kids so they were going to go with us and head home from there. We grabbed bagels for breakfast and got on the road I had never seen the Hollywood sign ever so I was really excited when Eric pointed it out! Pretty lame that I hadn't, but Hollywood has never been my scene. When we got down there parking was an issue for obvious reasons so we found a structure, but it was $18 to park! Insane!!! Instead of trying to drive around a find parking for two cars we decided this was unfortunately our best option. It was also right in the area that we wanted to be in! We walked over to the Graumann's Chinese Theater first to check out the hand/foot prints! I was such a tourist it was pretty sad! Wanted to put my hands and feet on everyones blocks and have my picture taken. Because it was Sunday there were lots of people down there so I was by no means the only one who did it!
Marilyn Monroe!
John Wayne! We had to find Lucy's stone!
Teeny Tiny Shirley Temple
Next we set out up Hollywood Blvd to look for people's stars. Teresa pulled up the address for Johnny Cash's so that was our destination! It was the only one she set her heart on so that was the one we were going to find for her. I stopped myself and took pictures with people stars. I had no idea who really had one so as I saw them I had to stop!
They already have a star with my baby's name on it!
Where would we be without Disney?!?
Snow White for my girl!!
We walked for blocks, I wish I had a pedometer to measure the length because I swear in the round trip it was a few miles. But it was a nice day out and we had a good time looking at the stars, stores, and people! Very interesting people! On our journey we stopped at The Wax Museum and The Guinness Book of World Records Museum. It wax museum we went to wasn't as great as the other one would have been, but because when you bought tickets to the one we went to and got the world record museum for free so we had to go with that one! Two for one baby, who doesn't want that! We again took pictures with a lot of the figures, some of which were really, really good and some were just terrible! I think Skyler thought it was really neat though so it was fun for that reason!
Oh Wolverine!
The closest I will ever get to meeting Simon!
Gavin laughing at being eaten!!
Hef's Newest Girls!
The world record museum was interesting. They have a record for everything it seems! Some things that you would never even imagine! To end our day we wanted to eat at Pink's Hot Dogs. It's a famous hot dog joint that has been around for so many years.
Lots of celebrities have visited this place over the years and honestly its very common to find them there. None for us today though! Something special about Pinks is their menu. They put some crazy things on their hot dogs, but are known for their chili dog! I was very sceptical about eating here because I'm not a big hot dog eater, but because I only like mustard on them I figured it was something that I was going to need to try. I have been very good about trying new things, and have discovered I like a lot of the things I do. People are pretty proud of me! We waited in a long line because this place is really popular, whether its locals that just love it or first timers like us. I have to say that I really did enjoy my hot dog, and the onion rings, yes onion rings, were really yummy!!
After our late lunch we said parted ways from Eric and Liz and got on the road to head home. We had a terrific day in this famous city! I can't wait to come back with my family and spend a day doing different things. Maybe even take one of those tour buses around to see the stars homes!! As we got off the freeway I started to get choked up thinking about what tomorrow is going to bring. I can't believe the week is already gone!! Time sure flies when your having fun!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment